Savoury Mince Crumble
Make the most of store cupboard ingredients with this simple oaty twist on a family favourite.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 x 500g premium topside beef mince
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 75g butter
- 125g flour
- 75g regular or jumbo rolled oats
- 75g mature hard cheese e.g. Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the mince and onion in a large saucepan and fry for 5 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, 100ml water and seasoning. Cook for a further 5 minutes, covered. Transfer to an ovenproof serving dish.
- In a large bowl rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the oats and cheese, season to taste. Sprinkle over the mince and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables.
Try adding some peas or frozen mixed vegetables to the mix.