Easy Recipe for Lamb Mince Kofta
Tried this easy recipe last night for Lamb Kofta from Allyson Gofton , just loved it and was so quick to prepare and make. It makes about 10 skewers. As a family meal, or part of a barbecue selection, they are quick to prepare and great on their own, or served in a pita bread with your favourite sauce. This mixture can also be used to make tasty burgers as well, the same quantities will make around 6 burger patties.
Such a great dish for a summer BBQ!
Easy Lamb Koftas
- 500g Quality Mark lamb mince
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme ,leaves picked
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 lemon zest
Yoghurt dipping sauce
- 3/4 cup Greek style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
A pinch of salt & black pepper
- Combine all the lamb kofta ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 portions and shape each so it resembles a sausage.
- Slide the shaped koftas onto the soaked skewers and refrigerate for half an hour.
- When ready, grill or barbecue 8-10 minutes until cooked, turning frequently.
pita bread, baby spinach, tomato, red onion, lemon