How to Glaze Your Ham This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner! It’s time to prepare for the holiday festivities by planning the most important part of Christmas Day. Decorations? No. Presents? No. Food? Absolutely. Order your Whole Christmas Champagne Ham today, or our Half Ham for a smaller feast. Made locally from Fresh New Zealand Pork, a maple cure and tea tree smoke produce an incredibly flavoursome meat that will look the part as the centrepiece of your Christmas dinner. With this recipe, it’ll help take your Pig Care™ accredited ham to the next level.
Preparing Your Champagne Ham
As your ham is cured and smoked, you are only tasked with heating the ham, not cooking it which makes things easy.
- Allow the ham to sit at room temperature for a few hours before putting it into the oven to ensure an even temperature throughout. This will help the middle to heat and prevent the outer meat from drying out.
- Already scored with a diamond pattern, all you need to do is apply your glaze before entering it into the oven. Mix and heat Mānuka honey, corn syrup and butter to create your glaze, adding cloves that just pierce the outer layer. Pour and brush onto your ham leaving it with a shiny and even coat. Orange slices, parsley and rosemary can also be used for added flavour.
- When in the oven, check the inner temperature with a meat thermometer and heat to an internal temperature of 140°F.
- During cooking, continue to baste with glaze periodically until your ham reaches its target temperature.
- Serve on a carving board and allow to rest for a moment before carving in succulent slices for your guests.
Succulent, Best Quality Champagne Ham Delivered To Your Door
All our hams are gluten and dairy free, weighing between 8-10kg, with our half ham weighing 4-5kg. Order now and receive your ham in time for Christmas to make the most memorable Christmas dinner you’ve ever had. By ordering from Online Meats, you don’t have to take time out of your day to leave home and head to the busy supermarkets. Instead, get restaurant-quality meats delivered directly to your front door for the best taste and the least fuss. Get in touch with us today to find out more.