Lamb Loin Backstrap
The Perfect Lamb Loin Backstrap
Getting tender melt in the mouth lamb loin backstraps is super simple using the following guide.
- Bring the meat to room temperature for about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Preheat a heavy based fry pan or barbeque to a medium/high heat.
- Add the lamb cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side then turn the lamb to cook the thinner sides until meat is browned all over. This will produce medium- rare lamb.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate or tray cover loosely with foil to allow the lamb to rest for a few minutes. This will settle the juices back into the meat, giving you delicious tender juicy lamb.
Rub the lamb with a Moroccan rub, lemon and a drizzle of olive oil before cooking. Serve with a Greek yoghurt and freshly chopped mint as a dipping sauce.
When cooking with lamb keep the ingredients simple as not to detract from the subtle flavours.