Old Fashioned Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
Create a chicken breast dish with a difference by making the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast recipe from Online Meats for a smokey, tender and juicy addition to the dining table. Adding a flavoursome alternative to a straightforward oven-baked breast, wrapping the chicken in bacon allows the shoulder bacon to render its flavour onto the chicken during cooking. Keep your chicken breast juicy and add a maple syrup glaze for a caramelised bacon finish. Finish off your dish with the sides of your choice.
3 slices of old fashioned New Zealand pork shoulder bacon
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon paprika, sweet or smoked
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoons onion powder
⅛ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Make the seasoning in a bowl by combining salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and italian herbs.
- Pat dry the chicken with a paper towel and brush the chicken with a light layer of olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of the breast in the seasoning and rub in.
- Starting at the wider end of the chicken, stretch and wrap a piece of bacon around and down towards the middle. Slightly overlap the edges to secure it on the chicken. Use the second piece of bacon to finish wrapping down towards the tapered end.
- Brush the surface of the bacon-wrapped chicken with maple syrup for a caramelised finish.
- Transfer to your preheated baking tray and cook until the internal temperature reaches between 74ºC). This often takes 25-30 minutes.
This divine dish of richness is the perfect weekend meal to prepare at home with an order from Online Meats. Contact us today to find out more.