Homemade Chimichurri Steak ‘n’ Sauce
What’s better than our 100% New Zealand grass-fed Genuine Angus™ Sirloin Steak? Our Sirloin Steak with a mouthwatering Chimichurri sauce, adding herbaceous flavour to your meat. Best served with thinly cut french fries and jalapeño peppers, here’s the recipe for your new happy food. Order Angus Beef Sirloin Steaks now from Online Meats.
- 2 Angus Beef Sirloin Steaks (0.5kg)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- pinch cayenne pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh garlic
- Red wine vinegar
- Half a lemon
- Take your steaks out of the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking to allow them to reach room temperature.
- Start by making your Argentinian-style Chimichurri sauce by finely dicing garlic and herbs.
- Mix herbs in a bowl with olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Season to taste and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Rub steaks with spices, herbs, salt and pepper all over steaks with olive oil before adding to the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes either side for medium-rare, adding a knob of butter to the pan halfway through.
- Remove steaks and allow them to rest on a cutting board for a few minutes.
- Cut steaks across into thin slices.
- Spoon over chimichurri sauce and serve salted with french fries and jalapeños.