Mustard and Herb Roasted Rack of Lamb Recipe
Lamb is a favourite meat of many for its rich flavour and tender texture. All Online Meat’s lamb has earned the right to bear the New Zealand Lamb Quality Mark. This symbol assures customers that the meat has met the uncompromising standards of being; New Zealand-grown, free range, free of Hormone Growth Promotants (HGPs), processed under the highest animal welfare standards, reaching the highest standards of food safety and, of course, tender.
Order chef ready Lamb Racks today and follow our refined recipe for a perfectly roasted rack of lamb. Restaurant-quality meat delivered directly to your door.
- 7-8 bone rack of fresh New Zealand lamb
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Half a dozen cloves of garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 40g butter
- Remove your lamb from the fridge and preheat the oven to 220ºC
- Prepare mustard and herb crust by mixing breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper , garlic and your handful of rosemary with 40g of softened butter.
- Season your lamb and sear all sides in a skillet with olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- Set lamb aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Smear a thin layer of the mixture over the skin side of the racks.
- Roast at 220ºC for 20 minutes for pink lamb and 5-10 minutes longer for well done.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving
This divine dish of richness is the perfect weekend meal to prepare at home with an order from Online Meats. Contact us today to find out more.