Traditional Turkish Ravioli Recipe
Journey to the heart of Turkey with the Online Meats recipe for Turkish Manti. These delicate, handcrafted ravioli are filled with our Angus Premium Beef Topside Mince, complemented by a creamy yoghurt sauce and a rich, buttery tomato sauce. Each bite is an explosion of flavours and textures, showcasing the vibrant and diverse cuisine of Turkey. Making Manti from scratch is a rewarding endeavour that will transport your taste buds.
- 500g Premium Beef Topside Mince
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- To make the dough, combine the flour, eggs, water, salt, and olive oil. Knead the mixture until you have a smooth and elastic dough. If it's too sticky, add a little more flour; if it's too dry, add a bit more water. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 500g of mince with finely chopped onion, minced garlic, fresh parsley, ground black pepper, paprika, ground cumin and red chilli flakes for the filling. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Greek yoghurt with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- For the Tomato Sauce melt the unsalted butter over low heat. Add the tomato sauce and cook for a few minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Now it’s time to assemble your Manti. Roll out the rested dough on a floured surface into a thin sheet, about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the dough into small squares
- Place a small amount (about 1/2 teaspoon) of the beef filling in the centre of each dough square. Fold the dough in half to form a triangle and pinch the edges firmly to seal.
- Cook the manti by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add the manti to the boiling water and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until they float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Divide the cooked Manti among serving plates. Drizzle the yoghurt sauce over the manti, followed by the warm tomato sauce. Garnish with additional chopped fresh parsley for a beautiful finish.
Enjoy the delicious juices of our Angus Premium Beef Topside Mince in this Turkish-inspired dish. Get in touch with us today to make your online order of restaurant-quality meats.