Moreish Chicken and Leek Pie Recipe
This moreish Chicken Pie transports us right into the winter feels. Using Online Meats’ succulent boneless chicken thighs, white wine and double cream, everyone can make this at home for a warm and hearty pie to serve time and time again.
1 leek or onion
1 bay leaf
1 tsp of thyme
1 tsp of wholegrain mustard
100ml double cream
80ml white wine
1 tbsp plain flour
1 egg, beaten
- Fry the chicken, leek, herbs and seasoning in butter in a casserole dish for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Sieve flour into the dish, cooking for 3 minutes until a paste has formed.
- Pour in the wine and cook for a minute or two before adding the stock, cream and mustard.
- Turn the temperature down and bring the dish to a simmer.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes to cook the chicken through. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Butter your pie dish.
- Using the pastry of your choice, use it to line the dish, then spoon in the filling. Roll out the remaining pastry until large enough to cover the pie. Brush the edge of the pastry with a little of the remaining beaten egg, then drape over the pie to close it. Trim the edge, then press with a fork to seal. Score a pattern on top with a sharp knife and brush with the rest of the egg.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and bake for 20 minutes, until the pastry is a deep golden brown.
Perfect to serve alone or with a side of vegetables and garlic potatoes on cold evenings to warm you up. Find the freshest meat cuts at Online Meats and order delivery to your front door today.